Wednesday 11 July 2012

Make it vintage.

Taking part in, hopefully the first of many challenges. Over on the Scrapology blog. The card challenge for this month was 'Make it vintage. This was a style that 'was' second nature to me, but years down the line I didn't know where to start. Anyway, this was the outcome:

I used the following items:

Various Tim Holtz Distress ink pads (scattered straw,walnut stain, frayed burlap, vintage photo)
water spritzer
Cut an dry foam
Nestabilities frame (Fleur De Lis Rectangle)
Marianne Design roses and leaves (leaves cut from an of book)
butterfly stamp from Indiogblu, free with Craft Stamper magazine Aug 2012
Black Line Design French Script stamp
Lilac spotted ribbon
Pink satin ribbon
Peal ribbon
Image from a 12 x 12 scrapbooking sheet that has been in stash for years.

This, believe it or not took me hours!!! I just couldn't get things to work as I wanted. As I said at start of post this used to be the only style I did and I found it really difficult to do anything not vintage/shabby chic, but after years away it was much harder than I thought! I got there interest end!

11 comments:

  1. I can so relate to it taking you hours to complete, most of my work does! It was worth it though because your end result is gorgeous. I love how you tied all the elements together with the bow and pearls. A beautiful card. Thanks for your visit and kind words. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, lots of tantrums were had last night lol. Thank you for your visit and comment. Cathx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Cath, thank you for taking part in our challenge and good luck.
    Lynn x
    (BTW Your link didn't work)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn, dash, I wonder what I did with that link. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  3. SO lovely to see you crafting again and getting involved - go you! It will take a while to get back into it, but after a while, I am sure it will be second nature .... fabo card! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh Thanks Ali - hope the craft fever lasts, I'm hoping to make last that's for sure. I have no idea how you still do it with two young lads!!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful card Cath, loving that little splash of lilac and pink in the mix...perfect finishing touch! Thank you so much for taking part in the card challenge, good luck.
    Hope to see you in many more of them.
    Warmest wishes
    Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks your your lovely comments Anita, feels good getting back into it after such a long break away. Your work is as stunning as it's always been :)

      Delete
  5. It was well worth all the hard word Cath as your card is lovely. Hoping to see lots more craft projects from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beary much pal. X I am so hoping to keep this up as I'd forgotten how absorbing it was. Now to get baking and blog that too :) fancy making foccacia tomorrow.

      Delete