Thursday 12 July 2012

Considering Steampunk

Yet another struggle for me, but then it wouldn't be called a challenge if it wasn't challenging I suppose!  I managed the background no problem last night and was really happy with it, and was then worried about spoiling it!


I swept over the tag with Tim Holtz Distress inks in broken china, fired brick and shabby shutters. I then spritzer it with waster and let run together. I then decided to add some glimmer mist. I stamped clocks background and distressed the edges with TH distress embossing powder. At this point I was happy, I had some of the recipe done as the clocks and inner workings of them covered, to me as best as I could manage, 'industrial' I then had to play about with it to try and fulfill the other elements 'fantasy' the whimsical wings added to 'victoriana' the gentleman at the front.

I used Paperartsy stamp and general clock and cog pieces from stash.

11 comments:

  1. I love it all, I'd say you have all elements covered. You've inspired me to have a go at this challenge too

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no my furry friend, you inspired me to do it in first place. You enthusiasm is infectious, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag... fantastic background ... love the design & colours... Thank you for sharing with us at Dragons Dream...May x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you May for the lovely comments and the challenge in first place. Really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic tag Cath! It has a real sense of movement to me and I love the colours you have used. I love Steampunk but find it rather "challenging" myself, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful background and I love the wings you added to the man. thanks for sharing at Smudgy Antics

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool, a fantastic tag with wonderful layers. Thanks for dreaming with us at TIO this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, I love your inky background, and your wonderful winged gentleman. Thank you for sharing with us at TIO x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag the background is gorgeous, thanks for sharing with us at dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tag! Love how you have embraced the Steampunk theme! Thank you for dreaming with us x

    ReplyDelete