Yet another struggle for me, but then it wouldn't be called a challenge if it wasn't challenging I suppose! I managed the background no problem last night and was really happy with it, and was then worried about spoiling it!
I swept over the tag with Tim Holtz Distress inks in broken china, fired brick and shabby shutters. I then spritzer it with waster and let run together. I then decided to add some glimmer mist. I stamped clocks background and distressed the edges with TH distress embossing powder. At this point I was happy, I had some of the recipe done as the clocks and inner workings of them covered, to me as best as I could manage, 'industrial' I then had to play about with it to try and fulfill the other elements 'fantasy' the whimsical wings added to 'victoriana' the gentleman at the front.
I used Paperartsy stamp and general clock and cog pieces from stash.